Monday, June 27, 2011

Yummy yogurt!

I am doing an international rotation during the month of July! I am actually leaving in like 1 hour!!
Anyways leaving for a month, leaving my non-cooking husband alone at home, puts the pressure on to use up all ingredients left in the fridge! I was doing a good job until I noticed we had milk left in the fridge which was about to go bad!
Solution.... Make yogurt! My husband eats it every morning for breakfast and it's so easy to do!
I brought the milk to a boil! After it has boiled, I took it off the heat and I let it cool. You cool it until you can comfortably leave your finger in the warm milk for a second or two!




At that point you stir in a few tablespoons of plain yogurt! Then cover the pot with a warm blanket or keep in the oven on a low setting so it keeps warm! Let it sit for most of the day. You can check on it and make sure it looks good! If you want thick yogurt, you can strain it through a cheese cloth!

Here is my yogurt in a blanket:


Hope you enjoy my last post in a while! If I eat anything amazing in Argentina I will try to blog! But I probably won't be cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment