Monday, January 28, 2013

The upside of being married to hot headed Persian Girl

So I worked all weekend... And had a bit of a rough day, and when I get mad one of my big ways to vent is to cook. Frittata is one of my favorite things to cook when I am in a bad mood because somehow all that veggie chopping makes me relaxed! Call me nuts, but my hubby sure benefits from it!

So I looked in my fridge this morning and saw I had half a red pepper, plenty of eggs, plenty of red onions, and some black trumpet and oyster mushrooms.
So I started by dicing two red onions, and dicing the peppers, cut up the mushrooms, and sautéed then in olive oil and spiced them with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Once the veggies were cooked, I removed them from the heat.

I then cracked 10 eggs in a separate bowl and shredded some parmesan cheese into the bowl, and added salt and pepper. I then whisked the eggs thoroughly.

I placed a layer of the veggies into a lightly greased mini loaf baking dish (it has separate mini loaves, but one could use a muffin dish). After placing the vegetables in I poured the egg mixture on top to fill each slot, grated a little more cheese on top and garnished with basil! Then baked it all for about 20 minutes at 350!







No comments:

Post a Comment